JEWELLERY CARE AND MAINTENANCE
Kedai Emas Sri Tanah Merah jewellery pieces are created using exceptional gemstones and precious metals, and are selected for their aesthetic quality and rarity. To preserve their beauty, you are advised to treat them with great care and handle them with delicacy. By acknowledging a few precautions for use and maintenance, you will be able to keep your jewellery in perfect condition for a long period of time.
- To preserve the luster on your jewellery, avoid direct contact with fragrance, cosmetics, household cleaning products and other chemicals. This is to prevent the chemicals from tarnishing your jewellery.
- You should regularly clean your jewellery after use by wiping off skin oils and makeup residue with a soft, lint-free cloth prior to storage. You can clean them using a soft brush and soap-water solution before rinsing them in clean lukewarm water. It is also recommended to clean your jewellery professionally at our showroom regularly.
- For safekeeping, your jewellery should be stored individually in the jewellery box or pouch. You should avoid storing your jewellery together as direct contact with other pieces could cause scratches on their surface. When it comes to necklaces, you should lay them flat and close their chains to avoid tangling during storage.
- It is best to avoid wearing your jewellery in the following situations:
- When doing activities requiring the use of corrosive products (gardening, cleaning, dishwashing) in order to avoid damaging the stones that adorn your piece of jewellery.
- When practising sports, in order to avoid impacts and scratches.
- Avoid applying excessive force on the clasps, joints or metal frames on your jewellery and be sure to check if they close properly. If you have any concerns, refrain from wearing them until you have it checked by our experts in our showrooms.
- Keep your jewellery away from any sources of heat and excessive temperature changes, particularly for diamonds, gemstones and pearls. Direct contact to heat can damage the delicate precious stones set on your jewellery.